June 23, 2013

Dressing him

 Almost exactly a year ago, I've posted about this as well...
I've made another pair of trousers for E. When the weather gets warmer, his usual jeans are not so comfortable anymore and he just can't wear those me-made bermuda shorts for any occasion...


I used the same pattern (which I drafted myself, using Winifred Aldrich's Metric Pattern Cutting for Menswear) as last year but I made some minor alterations in an effort to fine-tune the fit (I added a little width to the seat, mostly). These trousers have scoop pockets at the front and patch pockets (I won't do back welt pockets for E anymore, he wears those to their destruction way too quickly...) at the back. And, per his request, belt loops.


All in all, a pretty straight-forward thing to sew. And hard to photograph properly, because these trousers are black. I made these in black twill, to be precise. 
The fit is fine now, I'll just have to hem them a little bit shorter.
I may make him yet another pair this year but for now, the summer weather seems gone again, so we'll see...


3 comments:

  1. They look good! One of these days I'll get around to making something similar for my husband---though he's not nearly so obliging about pictures, /sigh. I also lust after that book...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look really good! The details are impeccable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite impressive!!! These look great and it's cool you were able to draft them yourself. What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete